Saturday, July 17, 2010

Dynamics Axapta: Business Connector & Decimal Places

This is my first post that doesn't involve code!!
Well, I don't know how to write a big article so I'll keep it short. The problem here is an error you might get when using a different quantity of decimal places when inserting transactions through Business Connector to those defined in Axapta. Here's the problem I encountered:
- Dynamics Axapta configured with 2 decimal places
- Entered a Sales Invoice through Business Connector
- When opening up the invoice previously created Axapta would stop responding.

Problem:
- I pushed a 4 decimal places transactions into a 2 decimal places Axapta.

Solution
- Rounded up all amounts to 2 decimal places

Hope it helps. I will try to explain a bit better in the future, who knows, I might even learn how to write posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment